Veterans and service members are at 50% higher risk of suicide than their peers who haven’t served. We’re solely focused on changing that.
Stop Soldier Suicide is looking for a mission-driven, results-oriented and collaborative Master’s-level Wellness Center Manager who wants to go beyond just “helping veterans.” Our Wellness Center team literally saves lives through the use of pinpoint data, cutting-edge technology and a one-of-a-kind suicide intervention model.
Our team is small, but we’re growing aggressively to meet increasing demand for our services and accomplish our goal of reducing the military suicide rate by 40% by 2030. That means empowering 2,400 mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and battle buddies with a brighter future each year.
We serve all branches of the military and all generations, regardless of discharge status. We’re not government funded, but not a single client will ever see a bill for our services.
Part of our investment in our Wellness Coordinators as the live-saving force of SSS is through best-in-class training and education. These measures are imperative to the support and care of our clients, but also serve as growth and development opportunities.
Additionally, we’ve convened a Scientific Advisory Council of some of the nation’s leading suicidologists and suicide prevention experts. Our innovative service model was built in collaboration with the SAC, with the goal of transcending outdated standard practices and taking action to save lives.
Not all veterans and service members need our services, but there are still too many who do. This is an opportunity to build brighter futures for men and women who have willingly sacrificed for our country. This is an opportunity to literally save lives.
Core Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
The Wellness Center Manager works collaboratively with our Clinical Director, Associate Clinical Director and Wellness Center Operations Director in managing the efficacy and success of the Wellness Coordinators assigned to their team.
As such, the Wellness Center Manager is accountable for:
- Administrative oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Center, including assignment of clients, caseload management, and team member communication.
- Ensuring direct reports adhere to established service modalities and SOPs regarding client intake, documentation, wellbeing and suicide risk assessment, and clinical Interviewing as set forth in the SSS Blueprint and as otherwise may be established.
- Evaluating the day-to-day competency of Wellness Coordinators and working collaboratively with the CD, ACD, and WCOD to foster professional development within the team.
- Maintaining relationships with external partners and stakeholders as necessary and appropriate to achieve optimal client outcomes.
- Excellent provision of client support, cross-systems crisis prevention, suicide risk assessment, and wellness planning.
- Onboarding, clinical training, case shadowing, Salesforce training, and other activities necessary to become a successful teammate.
- Feedback to the CD, ACD and WCOD regarding individual team member performance and collective performance of the team.
- Guidance and assistance in managing crisis situations, including locating and activating local crisis responders such as emergency services, mobile crisis teams, law enforcement agencies, hospital emergency departments, and walk-in crisis centers.
- Providing back-up support with client cases when a crisis situation arises or a teammate is not available to provide support/outreach.
- Utilizing biopsychosocial methodologies during team meetings to discuss strategies to help clients overcome challenges and achieve goals, often involving the client’s support system as appropriate for optimal client outcomes.
- Guidance to teammates on providing solutions to client mental health care needs, including identifying appropriate treatment providers and alternative interventions such as play therapy, art therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and group therapy.
- Training and technical assistance needs for providers, natural supports and other components of the system of care.
- Evaluating client information to accurately determine and monitor suicide risk levels, develop crisis response plans and conduct action planning.
- Providing proactive, solutions-focused perspectives when giving input or sharing protocol updates/changes.
- Building and maintaining rapport within professional boundaries with clients.
- Completing assigned reporting and documentation in a timely manner.
- Conducting quarterly Wellness Coordinator competency assessments.
- Other duties as needed to accomplish the mission.
- Graduation from an accredited college/university with a Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or closely related field.
- Current North Carolina full or provisional license as an LCMHC, LCSW, LMFT or related field, or eligible to obtain one.
- Minimum of three years post-graduate experience in social work, psychology, or a closely related field, including supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience working with a clinical team in a crisis management environment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with a behavioral health population required; experience in counseling individuals at suicide risk is highly preferred.
- Years of relevant experience considered for strong candidates who don’t fully meet the above educational requirements.
- Background and experience in the field of suicide prevention, early intervention and treatment, including proficiency in one or more clinical modalities utilized by SSS is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in performing suicide risk assessment and crisis response planning is highly preferred.
- Military background and/or experience working with veterans or active duty personnel is highly preferred.
- Wellness/Life Coaching certification is desirable.
- Sensitivity in working with a variety of clients with diverse educational, lifestyle, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective organizational skills, including the abilityies to prioritize and problem-solve through difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to embrace flexibility and change.
- Strong commitment to producing measurable outcomes.
- Ability to pass all required background checks and pre-employment qualifiers.
CORE COMPETENCIES (OUR TRUE NORTH)
Impact: Consistently delivers quality results; demonstrates a passion for winning, strong work ethic, a bias for action and commitment to achieving life-saving work with integrity..
Judgment: Makes decisive, data-based decisions, balancing short-term and long-term considerations and ensuring decisions advance the SSS mission.
Innovation: Identifies and champions new ideas, continuous improvements, and transformative solutions that enable us to better achieve our mission of serving service members and veterans.
Courage: Communicates with candor and transparency and demonstrates the confidence to make tough decisions, take smart risks, and question actions that are inconsistent with our values.
Agility: Continuously learns and adapts to obstacles, setbacks or uncertainty with tenacity and resolve; embraces change and challenges as opportunities to learn new skills and grow.
Inclusion: Win as one by demonstrating unwavering respect for teammates, freely sharing information, collaborating with and supporting your colleagues, and leveraging differences that make us stronger.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- In collaboration with the Wellness Center Operations Director, Clinical Director, and Associate Clinical Director, ensure SSS meets its identified goals regarding development of Wellness Center SOPs and support tools for implementing support coordination within the SSS service model, including creation of life coaching core competencies and measurement processes to ensure staff fidelity to model.
- Monitor Wellness Coordination activities and ensure compliance with SOPs governing service provision and documentation.
- Ensure SSS meets its Net Promoter Score (NPS) benchmarks related to client satisfaction with the quality and usefulness of Life Coaching Program provided by SSS.