The risk of suicide is 50% higher for veterans than for those who have not served. Since 2001, 108,000+ veterans have died by suicide. By 2030, 60,000 more lives will be lost. The problem is clear: The systems in place aren’t working. Getting help isn’t easy and trying to navigate a complicated maze of organizations and resources can be overwhelming when you’re in crisis.
Stop Soldier Suicide is the first national, veteran-founded-and-led nonprofit focused on military suicide prevention. What started as a grassroots effort in 2011 has grown into a thriving organization that’s driving change, building community and, most importantly, helping those who’ve served and sacrificed for our country. Our vision is to reduce veteran suicide to civilian parity by 2030, saving 2,400 lives per year.
Stop Soldier Suicide’s Wellness Center is staffed with wellness coordinators who work 1-on-1 with service members and veterans to help navigate the maze of services, programs and assistance available based on individual assessments. Every client is provided with ongoing case management to track progress, offer support, and address needs that may arise. The personalized approach ensures each client receives the help they need and the support they deserve.
To learn more, visit https://StopSoldierSuicide.org/.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will contribute to the internal and external execution of a multi-touch marketing effort built on a digital-first approach to lead generation, fundraising and community building.
This position will be responsible for on-brand interaction with Stop Soldier Suicide supporters via various channels, including but not limited to social media, email and paid media. Additionally, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for marketing infrastructure initiatives, such as marketing performance dashboards and database management.
Stop Soldier Suicide is a fast-growing, laser focused nonprofit organization that is a pioneer in digital impact. The optimal candidate for this role, is technically adept and fast-paced, with a high attention to detail.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Practice best-in-class social media management across all SSS channels, ensuring flawless execution of strategic content, community management and customer service.
- Oversee third-party contributors and/or contractors contributing to SSS social media initiatives.
- Collaborate with agencies to ensure on-point execution of established tasks, and own internal action items as needed to further agency performance.
- Monitor performance of social content and make recommendations to the CMO, Director of Marketing and agency partners for optimization opportunities.
- Assist with compilation and analysis of marketing KPIs for internal reporting purposes.
- Contribute to SSS email marketing through copywriting, template design and database management.
- Contribute to the maintenance and continued development of the SSS website through copywriting and CMS management.
- Support the SSS development team with event-related marketing as needed.
- Support the SSS program team with creation of collateral as needed.
- Monitor social media trends, competitor presence and real-time content opportunities to optimize organizational visibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE IDENTIFIERS:
- Revenue: contribute to consistent quarter-over-quarter increase in revenue by expediting marketing production and decreasing costs. This will include demonstrable reduction in agency “dead time” through improved efficiency in review, feedback and facilitation processes.
- Community: Consistent quarter-over-quarter growth in social media engagement metrics, drive positive sentiment and decrease negative sentiment within our communities.
- Consistent quarter-over-quarter growth in engagement that leads to revenue i.e. email open rate and click-through rate, messenger .
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field with at least one (1) year of professional experience.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to communicate effectively both up and across the organization.
- Knowledge of marketing/communications best practices, and demonstrated ability to effectively engage with broad and diverse audiences.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to quickly adopt and master the established brand voice and tone.
- Proficiency with CRM and CMS programs, including but not limited to Salsa Labs, Funraise, Salesforce and Craft.
- Mastery of the Google Suite, including but not limited to Gmail, Docs, Sheets and Slides; Analytics, Ads and Data Studio experience a plus.
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Proficiency in tracking, measuring and analyzing applicable KPIs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of work is done in an office environment; however, successful candidates must be able to:
- Work flexible hours as needed
- Perform all job-related duties including communication, operation of computers and office equipment, and maneuvering within an office as necessary, either with or without reasonable accommodation.